• Session approved Reverend Passante’s nomination as a commissioner to the next General Assembly, June 18-25, 2016 in Portland, Oregon.
• First read of Personnel Policy was submitted for consideration in anticipation of approval at the September meeting.
• Session approved the course To Run But Not Grow Tired to be offered on Sunday morning this fall.
• Session approved the following recommendations for Sunday morning worship this fall:
(1) Adopt the Noah Team’s original proposal to start the Traditional Service, Children’s, Youth and Adult Sunday School at 9:15 a.m., allowing for a 30-45 minute of purposeful fellowship time between the 9:15 and 11:00 services.
(2) That there be a constructive use of the time between services in order that worshippers from the first service stay to fellowship with 11:00 worshippers. This would include all ministries of the church, and would likely require a “champion” to coordinate this effort.
(3) Celebrate weekly communion at both services by intinction, with communion being served in the pews at the 9:15 service on the first Sunday of the month.